Tuesday, May 27, 2014

So You Want to be a Suburban Socialite

Dear readers,
I have a confession to make; I am a shameless social butterfly. I cherish updating my social calendar and bestowing my time to interesting people in provocative places. I delight to dress up for tea and dress down for movies. As a consort in a one-income family I'm a savant of social outings on a budget. All the social affairs but at a modest toll. If you've become too close to Netflix lately consider The Suburban Socialite your go-to blog for a social style upgrade! This is the suburbs of Texas, not upscale L.A. We keep it real down here y'all!

 Have a confident social attitude.
The first thing the Suburban Socialite should always have is a confident social attitude. You don't want to be the neurotic guest disheveling in the corner of a friday night party or the self-doubter at intermural sports. Wear your confidence in your gait and in your conversations with these simple tips:
  • Try offering sincere compliments to break the ice. 
  • Practice active listening by letting the person know you are absorbed in what they're saying.
  • Keep friendly eye contact and engage your peers with questions about themselves. People find it easy to talk about themselves and as a bonus it will take away the burden of choosing a lively conversation topic. 
Another way to show your confidence is to invite people to try old and new things with you:

  • Host a small wine tasting in your home.
  • Try a Sushi 101 class. 
  • See a movie.
  • Simply go out for frozen yogurt. 
Being open to new things will show your social circle how confident you are. *An important reminder is to be considerate when you are invited out for something unusual. Being a team player is just as important to the Suburban Socialite as being ring leader.

Suburban Socialites enjoy fine things yet are perpetually humble.
 Labels are classy yet the Suburban Socialite is budget conscientious. Ladies, I won't lie. I'm a sworn Macy's girl. I admire the fact that no matter what I buy I will be guaranteed fashionista style and durable quality. I would follow Macy's to the end of my bank account. But there will come a time when you need to save a buck and still look hot next Saturday night. My advice to you Suburban Socialites is ROSS; it gives you great bang for your budget buck. I've found many bright fresh outfits for a fraction of what I would pay at Macy's. And at the end of the day it's not about the cost of an outfit. My ROSS ensembles have received as many compliments and style nods as any of my Macy's outfits. Another great way to stretch your wallet and closet space is to brighten up a seasoned outfit, try switching up the look with an inexpensive statement piece from Forever 21 like this one: http://www.forever21.com/images/default_750/00047786-05.jpg

Get the look here for $5.99!
Turn bargain shopping into a fun game with your friends! Give each other a set dollar amount to find the hottest look. Whoever completes a whole outfit wins! As always, it is entirely about feeling savvy while looking masterful.


Thank you lovelies for reading the Suburban Socialite! I hope you'll keep the social momentum going! Que no pare la fiesta! Don't stop the party!


Now it's your turn! Did this article inspire a round of casual mini-golf or a posh luncheon? Let us know in the comments below!

Liked this article? Look for the next one: 10 Essential Wardrobe Items.

No comments:

Post a Comment